Monday, November 7, 2011

To Utah

So, the first weekend in November was Melissa's wedding, so I needed to come down to Utah, naturally. Julie wanted to come as well to hang with family that lives in Lehi and her friends that go to school at BYU and UVU. So, the two of us broke off from our roomies and took a road trip! We had a blast! She stopped by the house for a bit and met some of the fam and then she headed south to be with HER family and friends. I visited with my friends and helped get ready for the wedding. Friday was wedding all day. Everything was great! The reception turned out beautifully and the pictures were so much fun! I can't wait to get them back! I will most definitely be posting some of those beauties! :) I don't want to say too much and get all emotional in the world of blogging but I just want to say that I am happy for Melissa and I respect Steven. I love my sister and will miss having her around, especially when I come home for the winter.
The rest of the weekend I sat around and hung out with my friends. :) Saturday was a lazy day mostly, until about 8. Then we went to Laura Lewis's house and played Just Dance! We stayed there for a while. And it was daylight savings, so we stayed there and extra hour! haha! Katie slept at my house and then a bunch of us went to The Music and the Spoken Word Broadcast at the tabernacle. That was really cool. I had never been before. Then we watched 17 miracles at Kyle's house. That movie is so great. I cried basically the whole way through. It was cool to see the stories that I have heard on Trek and see new ones as well. It was awesome to see the story about Sister Rowley and the dried up sea biscuits. Anne Jewel is her name. She is my 4th great grandmother. If it wasn't for that miracle, you probably would be reading an entirely different blog right now. Who knows what things this other person would expose you to!? They may introduce you to Pinterest!
Anyway, after 17 Miracles, we went to Kyle's sacrament meeting. Kyle left to go to choir rehearsal for the University Choir (Or so we thought) and Katie, Joseph, and Josh came to my house. We watched some church movies. Joseph showed him and his brothers off in the Joseph F. Smith living prophets video and they all BEGGED me to show them "I, Nephi" clips. I eventually gave in and they all marveled at how cute I was and how good I did on my solo as just a wee 10 year old. They ate it up! :) They all left and I got ready to head back to Idaho. When all of the sudden, I felt a vibration from my phone it was my brother, Bradley. "Is that Kyle I just saw singing the solo at the CES fireside?" "
"What!?", I said, "Kyle didn't say anything to me!" So then I turned on the T.V. and watched the choir sing the closing song. Sure enough, there was the University of Utah Institute choir. I saw a bunch of people that I know form High School. Kyle didn't even MENTION that his choir was singing at the CES fireside. He just said he had rehearsal and we assumed that it was for University Choir. I guess you know what happens when you assume. If you don't, look it up.
So, my roommate met my family, my last sister got married, I cried, I danced to Michael Jackson, I laughed, I hugged, I talked, and one of my best friends sang a solo in front of the entire world. And I didn't even see it. What a weekend!
P.S. Start the video at 8:18 to hear the whole song. The soloist is Kyle! I'm so proud of him! He is so good!  What a marvelous person and musician :)


Me and Julie at the border! 

1 comment: