Sunday, January 15, 2012

My 2011

I've seen some posts about things that people have done for 2011, so I decided to look for myself. :)
But, I did want to start at the beginning of my Senior year so you will see a bit of 2010. :)


  • Senior Year started with 1) A new Drama teacher 2) being in Madrigals and 3) Being Homecoming Princess :) 



  • Playing a "character role" in the musical Bye, Bye Birdie and the four of us were created. 

Joseph Gandy, Kyle Nay, Me and Katie Omer. I played Kyle's mother.

  • Now, on to 2011! The year started with me getting a haircut (The same day that I went to the Opera for the first time.) 
11 inches baby! 

  • And I took a tour of USU with some friends. I was pretty set on going there for college.

  • Theatre Conference in St. George and I auditioned in front of many theatre departments and I thought I was going to die. Such a scary moment for me. 


  • I went to the Holli Festival at the Hindu temple. THAT was super fun! 

Kaity, Cami, Katie, Me


  • I directed a play. 

One of the hardest things of my life, but an amazing experience that I will never forget.
The Cast of "Arsenic and Old Lace"


  • Senior Ball. My best friend was the Princess and her date (Joseph) was Prince. (could you get any cuter?) I went with my friend Roy from Jr. High.


  • The end of May/beginning of June was a crazy time for the Day family. My Grandpa Day passed away on May 28, the same day as our Madrigal pictures and party. I was also in charge of the slideshow that wasn't finished. It was a rough day.




       




  • Then there were various award things, yearbook day, and graduation 


  • Then Steven and Erica got engaged that night. Everyone went to Layton for the viewing. I stayed out all night with my friends, went to the funeral and then spent the rest of the evening with my friends while the parents were meeting with the family. The next day, Sunday, was my first day in the singles ward and My parents first day as inner city missionaries in a ward in Magna. A few days after that, Melissa and Steven got engaged. We had quite the summer.....
  • I went to Lagoon with my friends right before Joseph went to Europe for a month. 

  • I went on Trek in June, we went camping as friends in July and then went to the Harry Potter 7 part 2 premiere together! 

We went camping at Causey Reservoir 
HP 7 Part 2.....Last midnight premiere. "It all ends...."

  • We went tubing down a river in Ogden and I got bruised up to the max. I wish I had pictures. 


  • Family Reunion in Cedar City and I got to see The Music Man during the Shakespearean Festival! 


  • Brother's Wedding


  • I earned my Young Women Medallion


  • I started college. That's a big thing, right?

I made wonderful friendships and had an absolutely amazing time! 

  • Sister's Wedding


  • I celebrated 11-11-11 (see previous 11-11-11 post) 


I left school to come home...
I've been having some pretty fun times 
with my buddies. And got my
ears pierced on New Years Eve :) 


I guess you could say I had quite the eventful year. I had a lot of great accomplishments and tried a lot of new things. I made two best friends in 2011, I met wonderful people, we had three additions to our family, and lost a great one. 2011 has got to be my biggest year yet. Bring it on 2012! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm commenting again :) Wow you did have a major life changing year didn't you. Those transition years can be so tough but bring a lot of growth. It was fun seeing you last night and thanks for not telling Brad about the ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete